Question 2: Mention 10 areas in Bangladesh where statistics were abused? In each case you must write actual information and why actual information is manipulated?
- Per capital Income: Government say that the per capita income is $ 1460 but actually it is in 1300 -1400 quota.
- Child marriage Rate: Government is claiming that the rate is 29% but actually 40%.
- Election Information:In Last election government claiming that about three quarter of vote has been cast but actually the voter had not come to give vote.
- Ranking in mass communication and Journalism: Though the journalism is now restricted but ranking increase from 146 to 144.
- Corruption Ranking: The ranking is 14 but it should be in top 5 cause we see that last 7 year 30000 crore tk has been corrupted.
- GDP: Government claiming that the gdp growth is 7.05% but it should be 6.72 actually by the World Bank economist.
- Child death Rate: Government claiming that the death rate is decreasing but actually according to last year report the rate is increasing double .
- Unemployment Rate: The unemployment rate is 4.5% but actually 7%. We saw that half unemployed who are graduated from government appoint university.
- Padma bridge: According to world bank more than 2000 crore has been corrupted in this bridge.
- Number of Martyr in War: We know that 3000000 people martyr in freedom war. If it is true why it is raising as a matter of debate.It should be clearified.
It is seen that our statistical research is restricted by government. For getting reliable information research should be free.